Christ Church Berwick
Anglican worship services began in Berwick in 1867 in the Presbyterian church building. In 1877 a dedicated building was built on the corner of Church and Palmerston Streets.
In response to high population growth in the area, in 1995 a much larger church building was built on adjacent property and the old church was subsequently sold and is in private use today.
Our History 1877 to 1977
As part of our centenary a booklet was produced documenting our history to that point.
The booklet is available for download in three parts:
Other historical documents of interest: