BAC is a network of four Christian congregations meeting at 55 Peel Street Berwick. Three of them are large enough to be their own parishes. Together we are a changing church and a growing church. We endeavour to stay faithful to the gospel of Jesus Christ and the Bible as the Word of God. Growth always brings change and it is helpful to reflect on how BAC is changing.
In 2011 and 2016 BAC participated in the National Church Life Survey. On one particular Sunday that year we took the time in every service to ask every adult in the service to fill out a survey.
Some interesting results from the NCLS report about those who did the survey at BAC:
- 51% were born overseas
- 20% speak a language other than English at home
- 38% of us are new attendees in the last 5 years
- 3% of those surveyed identified as ‘visitors’, 8% as ‘newcomers’. So about 1 in 10 people on a Sunday are those new or looking for a church.
- 91% said they felt a strong sense of belonging to BAC
- 76% of attenders said they always/usually experience inspiration during services
If you would like to see the NCLS report, I will send out a link to those on the weekly BAC newsletter email list. You can subscribe via leaving your email address in the “Communication Cards” in the pews. I praise God for every person he has sent and is sending into our church network!